The traces were milled out with a 1mm endmill in a standard rotary tool. The toolpaths for the traces were designed in Inkscape.
The smd components were 0603in size, picked with a vacuum gripper, then placed in the desired locations.
The solder paste was done by hand, but could have just as easily been done with evezor. We have designs for a solder paste extruder but will be waiting until we come back to this project again in the future.
Our toolhead today is a full size 2hp router with a 3/8″ 2 flute bit.
The stock material is a laminated piece of brazillian cherry between two pieces of pine.
The toolpath was created with Kiri:Moto. With all these projects, for better or worse, I tried my best to use open source software. I would have made a tutorial on this if I didn’t have such a bad experience using the software. It’s not the worst software ever but made some unusual decisions with some of its toolpaths. I will be looking for some better software, if you have some suggestions please leave a comment.